Our client, an award-winning, and fully integrated real estate company is seeking a Foreman to work out of their Ottawa, ON office. (relocation offered for the right candidate)
What you will be doing:
- Ensure all interactions with homeowners are professional and customer-focused to maintain a positive relationship with the homeowner through the entire construction process
- Accountable for managing the full construction process of assigned homes from start through to Homeowner possession.
- Ensure that all sub-trades and buildings meet and adhere to the Ontario Health and Safety Codes and Company Health and Safety policies;
- Ensure all construction documents required to build units are available, complete and understood;
- Walk all homes on a daily basis to identify and resolve imperfections, Building Code is adhered to, and Homebuyer options and extras are complied with.
- Monitor all daily trade functions including, timeliness, quality of workmanship and completion of work to ensure their work complies with Ontario Building Code, drawings and specifications
- Ensure timely confirmation of completion of trade work to release payment;
- Order construction material from suppliers i.e. steel, wood, windows, trusses, etc.;
- Schedule and attend all necessary municipal inspections. Assist Inspectors with the completion of the review, and rectify issues as required;
- Responsible for mentoring and developing direct reports and new employees including performance management and development planning
What we’re looking for:
Education: A College Diploma or equivalent is required (i.e. Architectural Technologist, Civil Engineering Technologist).
Experience: A minimum of three to five (3-5) years of relevant construction work experience.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Computer experience is an asset including knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of SAP and asset
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication skills (listening, verbal and written)
- Skills in relationship building with established broad network of contacts including staff, trade partners, inspectors and suppliers
- Organizational and time management skills
- Extensive knowledge of Ontario Building Codes, Energy Star guidelines and Health & Safety Regulations
What is in it for you:
- $70,000 – $90,000 base + up to 5% bonus
- 15 days paid vacation
- Company truck provided
- 2% pension as of start date with up to 3% matching system