Our Client, a large steel manufacturing company, is seeking a Production Manager to manage the production team at their St. George, SC location. (Relocation can be provided for the right candidate).
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee a workforce of employees in the manufacturing shop
- Ensure all employees follow industry-standard health and safety guidelines
- Set ambitious production goals and communicate them to key personnel
- Communicate and problems or obstacles to Operations Manager
- Establish workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product safety or integrity
- Create schedules for employees to ensure optimum staffing levels
- Keep informed on log range production plans, production orders released, work backlogs, changes in schedules, engineering changes, and other details.
- Review various reports on the status of production, individual, group, and departmental productivity, supply, material, and utility costs, direct and indirect labor costs, and take corrective action on deficiencies as required.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ year’s experience in manufacturing operations including welding, fabricating, production managements, processing and assembly of production
- 2+ year’s experience in a supervisory capacity
- Have a strong verbal and written communication skill with competent computer skills; Word, Excel, and Email
- Have excellent project management skills
- Proven track record of successfully training employees in productivity and safety
What’s in it for you:
- 75-95K base salary, depending on experience
- Benefits, Vacation
- The opportunity to work for one of the largest companies in this industry
- Relocation paid for if needed