Our client, a manufacturer in the tech industry is seeking a Sales Representative (Product Specialist) for their Oakville, ON Office.
What you will be doing:
- Enable new business by prospecting into business accounts, develop email and telephone campaigns to generate new business opportunities.
- Meet and exceed assigned sales quota in primary and secondary markets within your defined territory
- Complete an effective discovery engagement to understand how best to support clients.
- Articulate our value proposition and position solution sets effectively to end users and/or partners.
- Map existing and/or new prospective accounts around structure, people and technology.
- Schedule and orchestrate discussions with senior executives around their business needs.
- Strategize and forecast with top-producing regional sales manager(s) and or vertical specialist(s).
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects and opportunities.
- Leverage CRM tool/other tools to prospect into specific geographic territories and vertical market(s).
- Track all activities in CRM tool for all engagements
- Extended hours required occasionally
What we’re looking for:
- Completion of post-secondary Diploma or Degree; Business, Comm, Marketing (Preferable)
- 2+ years sales or related experience within a marketing and or business role
- Enthusiastic and passionate to work within a sales environment.
- An effective, metric-driven salesperson with the confidence and communication skills to lead conversations and strongly influence Stakeholders and/or C Suite Executives.
- Enjoys the challenge of cold calling prospects knowing you have value to provide.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Professional and effective phone manner.
- A commanding desire to learn and succeed in technology sales
- Knowledge of any of the following industry sectors will be an important asset: telecommunications, security and surveillance, channel and/or distribution sales, selling directly to consumers.
- Proficiency and/or experience with a CRM as a user preferably Salesforce.
- Skilled at using MS Office Suite programs including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
What is in it for you:
- Comprehensive group health insurance plan starting on your first day of employment
- Advancement potential within the sales organization
- Staff social events
- Paid sick days
- Education reimbursement program
- 90 day onboarding training but ongoing training as well
- Training opportunities
- Brand new open office environment
- Occasional travel to partner offices, end-user sites and/or industry tradeshows
- Company provided technology